This week we:
- planted the 3 trees my hubby found at the market AND the 5 trees we bought in the field. Most of the trees are 2" - 3" in caliper. We have it down to a science. My hubby's 'lawn mower on steroids' is able to lift the root ball. I hold the tree trunk and we march in a procession to the hole - which is mostly dug by the tractor. Since his tractor can't go quite deep enough we have to finish off the last 8 - 10" by hand.
- wrestled with the rose bushes. I clipped them back to areas of green - well, some didn't have so much green - they may have to be replaced. I also cut suckers from three existing crab apple trees.
- got sunburned! Hooray! The weather was beautiful for working outside - and while the cabinet guys were there, we didn't want to get in their way.
- were enthused by seeing our kitchen cabinets in place and looking beautiful, but sad because they couldn't do the master bath cabinets.
- moved drain pipes in the master bath so that on their next trip the cabinets can be installed!
- finally finished the wood floor.... well, with the exception of three threshold strips to install. My estimate in last week's post of 15 minutes to finish was a tad bit off. It took us about 2 hours as each piece needed precise measuring and cutting.
- had the refrigerator installed - woohoo! We can have cold drinks now!
- cut tile for the design that will go on the front of the tub enclosure