- 1,480,000: top earnings held by Lookin At Lucky.
- 150,000: the number spectators at the Kentucky Derby.
- 554: the number of roses (not including the 'Crown Rose') that make up the Derby blanket, according to one source.
- 136: the number of years the Kentucky Derby has been run.
- 126: the weight assigned to the jockey and his equipment for the Kentucky Derby.(Yeah, right. In my dreams! Just how much does that saddle weigh? How much would I need to lose?!)
- 60: the number of long stem roses, tied in 10 yards of ribbon, presented to the winning jockey.
- 40: the cost for general admission to Churchill Downs on Derby Day.
- 22: number of horses in the field (but scratches may occur).
- 6 1/2: the number of lengths Barbaro won the derby by - greatest amount in 60 years!
- 2: the number of minutes the horses run for the roses.
- 1.25: the number of miles the horses race.
- 0: the number of Haflingers who have entered the Kentucky Derby.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
By The Numbers: The Kentucky Derby
Maybe next year we can get a Haflinger into the Derby field. It could look like this. Whadda ya think?!
Our drive through central California seemed long and frankly, boring. However, the monotony was broken by observing the produce along the s...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
As I decorate our home for the holidays I am reminded of Christmases of the past. One year we were feeling the pinch of an economic downturn...
Both hubby and I are experiencing more than a bit of the "Bah Humbugs" this year. We decided that just maybe, putting up a tree......