- 1,480,000: top earnings held by Lookin At Lucky.
- 150,000: the number spectators at the Kentucky Derby.
- 554: the number of roses (not including the 'Crown Rose') that make up the Derby blanket, according to one source.
- 136: the number of years the Kentucky Derby has been run.
- 126: the weight assigned to the jockey and his equipment for the Kentucky Derby.(Yeah, right. In my dreams! Just how much does that saddle weigh? How much would I need to lose?!)
- 60: the number of long stem roses, tied in 10 yards of ribbon, presented to the winning jockey.
- 40: the cost for general admission to Churchill Downs on Derby Day.
- 22: number of horses in the field (but scratches may occur).
- 6 1/2: the number of lengths Barbaro won the derby by - greatest amount in 60 years!
- 2: the number of minutes the horses run for the roses.
- 1.25: the number of miles the horses race.
- 0: the number of Haflingers who have entered the Kentucky Derby.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
By The Numbers: The Kentucky Derby
Maybe next year we can get a Haflinger into the Derby field. It could look like this. Whadda ya think?!
I can't believe that our grand baby is three years old! On one hand, she hardly seems to have been on this earth very long at all... and...
I've written a few posts about my new addiction to Singer Featherweight sewing machines. My first was an eBay acquisition , and the seco...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
We visited the Pride Mountain Vineyard, which sits at an elevation of 2000 feet straddling Napa and Sonoma counties at the summit of a mount...