I am so honored! Once Upon an Equine bestowed the "Beautiful Blogger" award upon my site. Thank you for this recognition. If it weren't for Once Upon an Equine I might not be blogging at all! I had never really thought about putting my ideas online, other than sharing brief statements on Facebook, until I met Once Upon an Equine and read her blog. I liked what she was doing and wanted to let my equine boys have a voice, too, as well as to share other aspects of my life with all y'all (my sorta Southern roots are showing)! Thank you, again. You can see Once Upon an Equine's Beautiful Blogger Award post here.
The Beautiful Blogger award rules are:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers.
So, seven things about me....
- I love life! I was an educator and I loved teaching and working with teachers to help them become better teachers. I am a mom of two grown sons...well, almost grown, and I love being a mom and watching the boys grow and become independent young men. Now that I am retired, I love having the time to do things I put off when I was working.
- I learned two lessons from my dad that help define who I am. My dad would always tell me to A) do something constructive and B) finish what you start. Now, don't get the wrong impression about me! This doesn't mean that I am always doing something constructive or that I always finish what I begin. What it means is that when I am not engaged in some sort of productive activity, or when I leave things undone, I feel guilty! Thanks, Dad!
- I love animals. All kinds!
- I was ADHD before they had a term for excessive energy! My mom and I cracked up when the FDA came out with research showing that food additives in hot dogs can cause hyperactivity. That's all I would eat, willingly, from the time I was 3 until I was 7. Even now I find it difficult to sit. I don't watch TV...I 'do' TV. I have to be knitting, working on puzzles, reading, etc. And whatever else, don't feed me more than one caffeinated beverage or I can not be held accountable for my behavior!
- I love sweets. All kinds!
- I enjoy doing crafty things. I do not consider myself to be artistic, however. I am a great copier, just not a great creator. I enjoy knitting and crocheting. I also make greeting cards and have dabbled in stained glass. I smock and I sew, but only so-so. (I couldn't resist that one)! Visiting a hobby store, a knitting shop or a fabric warehouse can be dangerous for my bank account.
- I am torn between being a homebody and traveling. I love both - how can that be? What a puzzle. Oh, and I love puzzles as well!
If you have received this award and don't want to post your 7 things again, you don't have to; I admire your blog, I enjoy reading and learning from your posts, and would like to share your link.
Confessions of a Slave Driver
Green Slobber on My Shirt
I is Roxie!
Life at the Rough String
Oh HorseFeathers & Related Twisted "Tails"
Oh, and did I mention that although I taught Math for many years, I sometimes find that I am challenged by simple problems....like, just how many is 5, anyway?!